Best food processors for hummus in 2023: Top 5 Picks & Reviews
Hummus makes a delicious snack or addition to any meal, but if you want to make sure you get the smoothest hummus possible without breaking out the blender and spending hours on prep work, then you’ll need one of the best food processors for hummus prepping.
Picking one can be tricky if you don’t know what to look for, so in our buying guidelines, we’ve outlined exactly which features are most important when choosing a food processor. Also included in the guidebook are the seven best food processor for making hummus.
For you to have the best experience using this food processor to make hummus, you need to go through the guidelines and pick the right model that best meets your budget. To begin, let’s see our top 3 models on the market today.
The Hummus maker Top picks
- Best Overall: Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor
- Best Value: Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor
- Best Budget: Hamilton Beach 10 Cup food processor
- Best Portable: KitchenAid 7-cups food processor
The 7 Best food processors for Hummus
#1. Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor ~ Best Overall
The Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Processor is the ultimate kitchen companion for creating delicious and creamy hummus. Its powerful 1200-watt motor effortlessly handles the toughest ingredients, ensuring a smooth and consistent texture every time. The large 16-cup capacity allows for batch preparation, ideal for parties or gatherings.
Additionally, the variable slicing disc and adjustable shredding disc offer precision control for achieving the perfect hummus consistency. Crafted with durable materials, this processor is built to last. It can withstand the demands of regular use, ensuring longevity in your kitchen. Plus a manual to guide you through the process.
- Pros: powerful 1200-watt motor, extra-wide feed chute for faster prepping, robust performance, and Multiple Functions.
- Cons: higher price tag and occupies considerable counter space
#2. Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor ~ Best Value
This Cuisinart food processor is a fantastic option for those who have been debating whether or not they need to buy a food processor. This model is perfect for those who like to cook and make hummus, sauces, chop vegetables, or julienne vegetables. The price tag on this machine is the most affordable of all the models I researched and it comes with a 5-year warranty.
This food processor has a large 14-cup work bowl and a powerful 720-watt motor. It comes with a variety of attachments, including a slicing disc and a shredding disc, as well as a stainless steel blade for chopping and pureeing.
With seven different blade settings, you can easily make batches of creamy, smooth hummus with ease. Though it isn’t as versatile as some models and it doesn’t have a lot of extra features. But if you’re looking for the best value in a food processor, this model is hard to beat.
- Pros: include its large capacity and powerful motor.
- Cons: include its relatively high price point and heavy weight.
#3. Hamilton Beach Food Processor with Bowl Scraper (10 Cup) ~Best Affordable
The Hamilton Beach 10 Cup food processor is the perfect choice for anyone looking to make their hummus. This budget-friendly machine has a 10-cup work bowl and a 450-watt motor, and a variety of features that make it a great option for anyone looking to get into making their hummus.
This kitchen companion comes with features like an extra-fine slicing system for even finer hummus texture, 3 different blade speeds (low, medium, high), and a pusher jar that creates consistent pressure while processing your ingredients.
However, there are a few downsides to this food processor. First, the machine doesn’t have a lot of power so it may not be able to handle more difficult tasks like chopping thicker vegetables.
Additionally, the plastic body can feel a bit cheap and some users have reported that the motor has stopped working on theirs. But overall, if you’re looking for an affordable food processor that can help you make your hummus easily and quickly, the Hamilton Beach 10 Cup is a great choice.
- Pros: reversible slicing/shredding disc, affordable price point and compact size.
- Cons: include its relatively lower power and smaller work bowl size.
#4. KitchenAid Food Processor (7 Cup) ~ Best Portable
I love my KitchenAid food processor. It is big enough to chop vegetables, shred cheese, and make hummus (or any other dips or sauces). Plus, it has a dough blade which makes it easy to make pasta dough or pie crust.
The best part about this food processor is that the base and bowl are both dishwasher-safe! The only downside is that the KitchenAid food processor can be hard to find in stores.
This food processor has a 7-cup work bowl and a powerful motor that can quickly and easily chop and blend foods without fuss. It features two speeds plus a pulse option and comes with a reversible slicing/shredding disc and a multipurpose blade.
There’s also a tamper, so you can help ensure uniform texture every time. But there are a couple of downsides, but overall, the KitchenAid 7 Cup Food Processor is one of the best options on the market, delivering consistent results time after time.
- Pros: compact size, the base and bowl are both dishwasher safe, and relatively quiet operation.
- Cons: include its lower power, smaller work bowl size, and heavier than some food processors.
#5. Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor ~ Commercial purposes
Ninja’s BN601 Professional Plus is the most versatile and powerful food processor on the market! It can chop, shred, mix and knead just about anything–from bread to hummus with ease. Its three performance speeds (high, medium and low) and Turbo mode give you the control you need to finely chop or blend ingredients without overworking them. And its removable blades make it easy to clean.
This food processor has a 9-cup work bowl and a powerful 1000-watt motor. It features four speeds plus a pulse option and comes with a variety of attachments including a slicing disc and a dough blade.
- Pros: its powerful 1000-watt motor, easy to clean and versatile attachments
- Cons: relatively high price point and large size.
#6. Best 10 cup food processor (Black & Decker FP6010 Food Processor)
Black+Decker FP6010 performs like a champ when it comes to chopping and slicing. Whether you’re making hummus or quinoa, this food processor has you covered. It’s easy to read and use, making it perfect for even the most inexperienced chefs. Plus, the large 10-cup work bowl is perfect for cooking multiple meals at once.
This BLACK & DECKER food processor has a 10-cup work bowl and a powerful 800-watt motor. It features a variety of attachments, including a dicing disc and a slicing disc, as well as a stainless steel blade for chopping and pureeing.
If you must make hummus, I highly recommend this food processor because it is a sleek-looking, small appliance that has many helpful features. It can be used to make many different foods such as hummus and sauces. The best thing about this food processor is that it can chop vegetables.
- Pros: it has a powerful motor and dicing attachment.
- Cons: its relatively high price point and large size.
#7. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor
The Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor is the best food processor for making hummus. It is a small food processor, so if you don’t want to buy a large machine and only need it occasionally, this is the one to get. It has 1 liter capacity, but there are bigger ones available as well. This small food processor can handle anything from julienne vegetables to sauces without any problems!
This mini food processor has a 3-cup work bowl and a 250-watt motor and is great for making hummus. It comes with several 3 different cups, blades and sizes, so you can make a variety of foods in no time. There are also two speed settings and a pulse option for different types of tasks. Plus stainless steel blade for chopping and pureeing
- Pros: easy to use, compact size and affordable price point.
- Cons: small work bowl size, relatively lower power, and not dishwasher safe.
Buying guidelines: steps to choosing a good food processor for making hummus:
- Size– if you’re only making hummus occasionally, a small food processor will do just fine. If you’re cooking for an army, or plan on making hummus often, a big food processor is the way to go.
- Power– a good food processor should have enough power to dice vegetables and nuts with ease.
- Quiet– a noisy food processor can make it difficult to cook without hearing interference from outside sources like televisions or music playing.
- Easy Cleaning – an easy to clean food processor that doesn’t take too much effort after use can be helpful for when you don’t want to spend hours scrubbing away at dried-up hummus in the bowl.
- Price– everyone has different price ranges they’re comfortable with when it comes to purchasing kitchen equipment. The quality of a food processor also depends on how much money you put into it; more expensive models typically last longer than cheaper ones.
- Warranty– not all companies offer warranties but this gives consumers peace of mind knowing they can send their product back if something goes wrong within a specific time frame and receive a new one free of charge.
Most people don’t realize that there are many different types of food processors and that not all will work well for hummus. If you have a lot of different types of vegetables that need chopping, a food processor is your best bet as it can handle more volume than most blenders.
Cuisinart offers a compact processor which is perfect if space is an issue. Kitchenaid also has an excellent blender with a small food processor attachment to make hummus or sauces. So whichever one you go with, you’ll be just fine as much as you pick the one that most suits ya situation.