7 Best Blenders for acai bowls : Top Picks & Reviews
Do you like acai bowls? If you do just like me and many others, then you might want to invest in a blender to make them at home rather than buying them at a grocery store. And this could mean that you need to get a blender for an acai bowl preparation.
As you may already know, blenders make acai bowls preparation easier than ever, and they’re also great for other shakes. While there are plenty of different blenders out there, each with its strengths and weaknesses, not every blender will give you the perfect acai consistency.
Before you can have the best acai bowl of your life, you need to have the best blender to mix up your ingredients. But how can you go about it? Well, when buying a blender, a versatile blender is reflooding. Why? Because you don’t want to waste your time or money on a blender that doesn’t hold up.
So looking out for a blender with multiple speeds, an emergency stop button, and a durable build is necessary. To help you on which blender is right for you, we made a list of these 7 Best Blenders for the Perfect Acai Bowl, which also includes our top 5 picks you may want to consider.
Acai bowl Blender – Top picks
- Best Overall: Ninja SS101 Foodi Blender |
- Best Home use: Vitamix E310 Explorian Series blender
- Best Budget-friendly: Ninja BN701 Professional Plus Blender |
- Personal use:Blendtec Total Blender Classic |
- Best High-End model: Vitamix A2500 Ascent blender countertop blender for an acai bowl
The 8 Best Blenders for Acai bowls making
#1. Best Overall: Ninja SS101 Food Blender
Ninja SS101 Foodi Blender should be your best pick If you’re looking for a versatile blender that can make everything from smoothie bowls to frozen cocktails. The Ninja SS101 Foodi Blender comes with several blades and attachments so you can make anything. It also has five-speed settings, which allow you to control how much texture you want in your food. And it even includes a recipe book with over 100 recipes!
This ninja blender is for smoothie measures and chopping vegetables effortlessly. Additionally, It can easily blend thick ingredients like nuts or seeds without turning them into a paste (like some other blenders), but if you don’t want any texture at all, there are no preset buttons for pureeing. You’ll need to manually pulse the mixture until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Pros: Powerful 800-watt motor and Detachable 60 oz pitcher, great for both home and commercial use, and save function to precook your ingredient, and Ultra-Quiet operation.
- Cons: not the quickest food processor, no built-in grater, and little customization abilities.
#2. Best Home-use: Vitamix E310 Explorian blender
The Vitamix E310 Explorian is one of the best blenders on the market. With a strong 2.2 horsepower motor, this blender has a high capacity 64-ounce pitch settings to make anything from a perfect smoothie bowl to delicious soups and sauces to fluffy whipped cream.
This blender two peak cycle options means it can blend without overheating and burning out their motor as quickly as some competitors can. The only drawback to this powerful machine is that it costs more than many other popular brands. If you’re logging for power in your kitchen or need an investment piece that will last you a lifetime, the Vitamix E310 Explorian may be just what you need.
- Pros: 850 watts powerful high-speed motor and 32-oz container, comes with a tamper, it’s easy, to create consistent and delicious results every time
- Cons: blenderVitamixuser-friendly, the unit might break down after only a few months of use
#3. Best Budget-friendly: Ninja BN701 Professional Plus Blender
The Ninja Professional blender is a great choice if you are looking for a budget for high quality. It’s designed to give you the best result even in a budget-friendly way. It comes with an extra-wide 72 oz pitcher and has an ultra-sleek design that will look great on your countertop.
With 1400 Peak Watts of power and 6 blades, this blender can handle any smoothie bowl creation you throw at it. Additionally, this blender also includes an inbuilt touchscreen which allows for preset programs to be used which saves time when making recipes. For a cheaper alternative that still gets the job done, this is a great buy!
- Pros: powerful 1400- Watts motor that quickly and easily blends all types of ingredients, 72-oz container, 3 Functions with Auto IQ,
- Cons: relatively expensive compared to other blenders and does not come with a measuring cup or food pusher.
#4. Personal use: Blendtec Total Blender Classic
For personal use, the Blendtec Total Blender Classic is one of the best blenders on the market and it’s a great choice if you want to make smoothie and other delicious, healthy recipes. It features Six pre-programmed settings that can be easily chosen with a touch of a button and an LCD screen that displays blending time.
The blender also features a 10-speed setting so you can blend food to your desired consistency. The blades are reversible so they don’t need to be taken out into them. The base locks into place, which makes it easier when pouring ingredients. If you’re looking for the perfect blender for an acai bowl recipe, one-touches are a good option! One downside is that it doesn’t come with any recipe book but this isn’t necessary since there are mandoline options available online.
- Pros: powerful 1,560-watt motor, two Variable Speed Controls that let you choose how fast or slow, and BPA-free 75oz jar
- Cons: inconsistencies with the blender’s performance, it can be quite loud when in use.
#5. High-end model: Vitamix A2500 Ascent blender
The Vitamix A2500 Ascent blender is perfect for making your acai bowls. This blender has a sleek and stylish design that makes it look great on any countertop. The A2500 blender also comes with 5 pre-programmed settings that make it easy to make smoothies, soups, frozen desserts, and more.
Additionally, You can even customize recipes through the Vitamix user-friendly app so you always have a new recipe to try! The blades are all made of stainless steel and won’t rust or corrode, which means this machine will last for years. Although its expensive at around $549 or thereabout which could mean a downside, still, It’s worth every penny. So if you want a high-quality blender that’s going to do its job well, you may want to consider having this blender.
- Pros: powerful motor, high-speed feeding system, easy-to-read LCD screen, detachable parts dishwasher safe, and BPA-free.
- Cons: can be quite loud when in use, and it’s pricey but worth it.
#6. GoWISE GW22502 Acai Bowl Blender
No doubt blending is a great way to make a tasty acai bowl, but sometimes it can get messy and inconvenient. Luckily, there are plenty of blenders out there that will do the job! The GoWISE acai bowl maker like every other acai bowl blenders mentioned above is perfect for blending up your favorite ingredients so you can enjoy a healthy treat in no time.
Featuring in this blender is a four different speeds so you can blend to your desired consistency, plus it’s dishwasher safe! And if smoothie bowls aren’t what you’re looking for, don’t worry – this blender also works well with ice cream, sauces,s and more! Which means versatility, though not budget friendly.
- Pros: 2.0-peak horsepower, 1400W motor to blend toughest ingredients, 59-Ounce high-capacity pitcher, and adjustable 8-speed blades settings.
- Cons: cleanup can be a bit difficult sometimes, and the price tag may be a turnoff for some people who are looking for budget-friendly options.
#7. Blendtec professional 800 blender
Whether you’re looking to make a smoothie bowl or just want to whip up a quick protein shake, Blendtec professional 800 is worth considering. As one of the most powerful blenders on this list, it can blend anything from frozen fruits to kale without leaving any chunks behind.
Plus, it has a touchscreen interface and 12 pre-programmed settings so you can make even more complicated recipes with ease. It also comes with a recipe book that offers nearly 150 different ways to use your blender!
Although most consumers didn’t love how loud the blender got while in use, and there have been reports of the blender breaking down after only a few months of use. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference as to whether or not you should buy the Blendtec professional 800-blender.
- Pros: variable speed control and an onboard nutrition database, detachable cup for easy cleaning, and it’s the easy-to-read LCD screen.
- Cons: its size, weight, and price may be too big for some people, and it doesn’t have the highest blending performance ratings.
#8. Hamilton Beach Personal blender
While blenders are not a necessity to make acai bowls, they do help create the perfect consistency. The best blender for this purpose is a personal blender that can be carried with you and used anywhere.
The Hamilton Beach Personal Blender is a great option with its small size and powerful 600-watt motor. It also has an easy one-touch operation which makes it easy to use for any first-time user. You can never go wrong when you pick this blender mainly for acai bowl prepping.
Although this blender might be a bit cheaper than most others above, its not that powerful enough to handle bigger batches at a single go. Which means you have to repeat same steps for larger batches.
- Pros: it’s easy to use and occupies very little space on your countertop, powerful motor, glass jar, and detachable base.
- Cons: it’s not as powerful as some other blenders on the list, can’t handle bigger batches, not designed for use on rocky or harder surfaces.
When buying a blender for making acai bowls, there are several factors to consider:
- Power: Look for a blender with a minimum of 500 watts of power to ensure that it can handle blending the frozen acai pulp and other ingredients smoothly.
- Blades: The blades should be made of durable material like stainless steel and have a design that can crush ice and frozen ingredients effectively.
- Capacity: Choose a blender with a large enough capacity to accommodate the amount of ingredients you plan to use for your acai bowl recipe.
- Speeds and settings: Ideally, the blender should have different speed settings to give you control over the blending process, allowing you to start slow and gradually increase the speed.
- Ease of use and cleaning: The blender should be easy to operate and clean, with removable parts that are dishwasher safe.
- Noise level: Consider the noise level of the blender, especially if you plan to use it early in the morning or late at night when others may be sleeping.
- Brand and warranty: Look for reputable brands that offer warranties, so you can be sure you are getting a quality product that will last.
Conclusion: Do you need a special blender to make smoothie bowls?
The first question you might want to ask yourself is do you need a special blender to make smoothie bowls? The answer is no, but some blenders work better than others. The blenders that work best for acai bowls are those that are powerful and efficient, but not too expensive. Vitamix E310 Explorian is one of the most powerful blenders on the market and it can create consistent, delicious results every time but a bit expensive.
However, the Ninja BN701 Professional Plus Blender is a budget-friendly option that offers high quality performance. If you need something more portable for personal use, the Blendtec Total Blender Classic is a better option. This great blender is also suitable for making smoothie bowls and other types of healthy food.
If you do buy a special blender though, keep in mind that it’s worth investing in quality because if it doesn’t blend your ingredients well enough, then they won’t blend properly.